Wednesday, May 27, 2015

About Hayley


Hi there!

My name is Hayley. I am 20 years old and currently attending university. I dual major in Photography and Graphic Design. So far, college has been rad. I am hoping to get an internship whether it's with Graphic Design work and/or Web Design. 

STYLE

I have had good and bad days when it comes to style. I have grown so much when it comes to this subject. In middle school, I wore colored pants and graphic tees. In high school, I started to dress-up. I wasn’t myself though. I wanted to be this “high fashion model” look. Uncomfortable heels and skirts. I feel embarrassed because of that. Once college kicked in, I started to just wear band tees and shorts/skinny jeans with my good old Converse or Vans. What have I learned from this experience? Dress comfortably! Be yourself! You may have your inspirations, like mine in high school, it was high-end models. Now, my inspiration is Matty Healy from The 1975. I love the grunge black and white look. I don’t wear heels much unless they’re heeled boots. Just be yourself and be comfortable! Your style will evolve and usually, for the better. Don’t worry!

BEAUTY

I refused to wear makeup until the age of 12. I tried on mascara and eyeliner. Once sophomore year kicked in, I tried out eyeshadow and foundation.  I would wear blue and purple eyeshadow….why? As of now, I wear top eyeliner, foundation, eye shadow, and mascara. I would love to experience with bronzer, but I’m scared I’m going look like dirt is all over my face. I like to look simple, natural and just stick with the neutral colors. Currently, I am trying to master smooth airbrushed looking skin and bronzer! 


PHOTOGRAPHY

I have been taking photos since I was a little squirt! I have yet to figure out what I love about it so much. Maybe it’s the unique color palette of each photo I take. The natural effect to it? Sometimes a vintage look, I love vintage items! The clarity? The emotion? I am not sure, but I just find so much happiness in it. Personally, my favorite shots are the landscapes. I love traveling and capturing the places I go so I remember them.
When I was a senior in high school, I had a lot of recognition for my photography. I was in the newspaper, front page! It was the greatest experience! I also got a letter in the mail from the Senator of Michigan, encouraging and congratulating me on my hard work with photography. I felt so honored!

Visit my portfolio:
www.amourmemories.tumblr.com

TRAVEL

Traveling is one of my passions. I haven’t been to many states. I usually travel for concerts. I’ve been to Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee and Ohio. I really would like to travel out of the country, but I am still somewhat nervous about that. My current goal is to visit California and Arizona. Traveling is where photography comes in. Keeping track of my memories and nifty places I explore. Discovering accents and lifestyles, pretty neat!


VIDEOS

I have a style and vlogging channel.
On my styling channel, I make OOTDs (outfit of the day), lookbooks, style stealers, DIY’s and more! 
I have done many collaborations on YouTube via my fashion channel. With gurus like megalizabeth9 and mylifeaseva. I have also sponsored with some companies including Redbull. That was pretty sweet! I love collaborating with other gurus and companies, it's fun! I have learned so much since I have started (July 2012). From music selections to camera angles and colors. You just have to be yourself!

As for vlogging, I am not very consistent on it because I have so much I have to do but I try! I like to show my adventures, the shows and parks I go to. I like to vlog because some days, I go back and watch the videos and get excitement and motivation from them. They are also special memories, helps me cherish life easier. 

Style: www.youtube.com/fashionbyhayley

Vlogs: www.youtube.com/thehayleysofar

No comments:

Post a Comment